On Tuesday, March 12, 2019, the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) announced the Hurricane Response Hub (HRH) initiative. Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the HRH initiative is designed to enhance disaster surveillance in addition to environmental and occupational health recovery efforts in areas impacted by Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria by building disaster-related public health workforce capacity.
The following five technical assistance centers will serve as the coordinating body within each jurisdiction, and will work with a range of state and regional partners to lead public health workforce capacity building activities in disaster-related surveillance, environmental, and occupational health needs:
- Florida (Florida Institute for Health Innovation)
- Georgia (Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University)
- Louisiana (Louisiana Public Health Institute)
- Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico Public Health Trust)
- Texas (Texas Health Institute)