How can public health collaborate with industry leaders to inform foods produced, prepared, and served within the food system? This Web Forum focuses on sodium reduction and includes:
- An overview of the key sectors within the food system and factors that may influence decision making.
- A discussion of ways in which public health can partner with key sectors to inform foods produced, prepared, and served within the food system.
- An example of how public health has worked with the food industry to increase demand and availability of lower sodium products and meals.
- An example of an industry effort to reduce sodium in foods.
- Julie Bongard, Healthy Eating Coordinator, Healthy Communities Department, Spokane Regional Health District, Spokane, WA
- Carolyn Raikhlin, MAN, RD, Assistant Nutrition and Health Manager, Unilever, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Kelly Hughes, MPH, RD, CHES, Associate Director of Program Strategy, NNPHI
Grab the slides here and here »