The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is the official organization representing over 40 public health institutes in more than 30 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training – NCCPHT.
NNPHI’s offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
The Program Assistant supports NNPHI’s Evidence to Action team with program administration, logistics management, basic research, data collection and reporting, and meeting/event development and implementation. The Program Assistant will be allocated at 50% effort to an environmental scan of health equity resources that facilitate action in injury, violence, and overdose-related topics that can be used by grant recipients, partners, and the public.
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately, NNPHI requires the position will be based in either of our two office locations. Therefore, applicants should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans or Washington, DC.
- Collaborate with NNPHI staff to develop, monitor, and update project timelines;
- Conduct project-related research, specifically activities involved in conducting literature reviews and environmental scans;
- Support data collection and data management activities;
- Perform writing and editing, including taking accurate notes of meetings, composing correspondence, proofing and laying out documents, and assisting with the publication process;
- Assist with scheduling meetings, conference calls, and webinars;
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations, including the development of tables, charts, etc.;
- Assist with management of listservs and contacts database;
- Support financial management, including timely invoicing and reviewing and tracking expense reports;
- Assist with ‘Call for Proposals’ and grant administration processes by updating and maintaining online systems, tracking submissions, and responding to requests for assistance;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of professional experience.
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Understanding of and interest in public health and evaluation
- Strong communication skills, particularly in email and phone etiquette
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize web-based applications
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude
- Customer service orientation
- Starting salary range of $40,000-$50,000, commensurate with education and experience, and dependent on location.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff, including medical/dental/vision/FSA/parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions and annual leave.
Approximately up to 10% travel required (please note: all NNPHI travel has been suspended due to the COVID-19 emergency, no travel will be expected until this suspension is lifted).
To apply, please send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Attn: Program Assistant E2A.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer