The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of over 40 member public health institutes in 33 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to support public health initiatives. These collaborative efforts promote health equity, support public health and health systems collaboration, build capacity of the public health system, encourage health in all policies, and promote evidence-based public health practice. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
The Program Assistant supports NNPHI’s Evidence to Action team with program administration, logistics management, basic research, data collection and reporting, and meeting/event development and implementation. The program assistant will work collaboratively with NNPHI staff to actively support all project operations. The program assistant will participate in work with CDC, contractors, and partners. The program assistant will grow research and evaluation skills.
- Collaborate with NNPHI staff to develop, monitor, and update project timelines;
- Conduct project-related research, specifically activities involved in conducting literature reviews and environmental scans;
- Support data collection and data management activities;
- Perform writing and editing, including taking accurate notes of meetings, composing correspondence, proofing and laying out documents, and assisting with the publication process;
- Assist with scheduling meetings, conference calls, and webinars;
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations, including the development of tables, charts, etc.;
- Assist with management of listservs and contacts database;
- Support financial management, including timely invoicing and reviewing and tracking expense reports;
- Assist with ‘Call for Proposals’ and grant administration processes by updating and maintaining online systems, tracking submissions, and responding to requests for assistance;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of professional experience.
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Understanding of and interest in public health and evaluation
- Strong communication skills, particularly in email and phone etiquette
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize web-based applications
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude
- Customer service orientation
- Salary range of $40,000-50,000 dependent on education, locality, and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately NNPHI requires this position to be based in our New Orleans or Washington, D.C. office, or remotely from Atlanta, GA. This position requires approximately 10% travel.
To apply, please send cover letter, including salary requirements, office preference (New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC) and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Attn: Program Assistant E2A.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NNPHI is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition or any other protected trait or status. Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation for the application process, please advise in writing at the time you apply.