Objective and Background
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) seeks to fund vaccine equity focused projects that address the systemic disadvantages experienced by communities of color, rural communities, and communities that face a disproportionate burden of adverse outcomes from public health threats. It has been well established that some communities of color experience high rates of disease, hospitalization, and serious negative health outcomes. Additionally, for rural communities, place may have a strong impact on not only vaccine uptake but other health outcomes. With these disparities in mind, we are seeking to support multilevel targeted outreach to vaccine hesitant or underserved populations across five geographic areas, in order to enable communities to respond more effectively to the needs of constituents with lower vaccine uptake. While the current focus is on 2 COVID19 vaccinations, the knowledge and experience gained will also help to advance future outreach for flu and other adult immunizations.
Published: (October 18, 2021)
Funding Amount: Five awards, funded at $600,000 each
Project Period: December 2021 – July 30, 2022
Eligibility: Organizations applying for this funding
- Must be 501c3 organizations in the United States or non-profit institutions of higher education, which may include community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, public health institutes, colleges or universities, regional coalitions, Tribal affiliated organizations, or local health care delivery organizations, or care associations;
- Collaborative organizations may apply together, as long as one organization is identified as the primary lead, with responsibility for managing funds and deliverables;
- Must have access to an existing infrastructure and capacity to provide effective outreach
to the targeted population or community; and
- Have established relationships in communities who experience structural racism or other
impacts of injustices resulting in adverse health outcomes and vaccine hesitancy or lack
of access is present.
- Application Due: November 22, 2021 @ 5:00pm ET
- Notice of Selection Status: December 17, 2021
Interested applicants will have the opportunity to attend an three informational forums to learn more about the opportunity or for technical writing support:
- Tuesday, November 9th, 10-11am ET: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1474176108
- Friday, November 12th, 1-2pm ET: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1462353702
- Wednesday, November 17th, 4-5pm ET: https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1485350068
Funding for this opportunity has been provided to the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) through by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (6 NU211P000599-01-01). This program is authorized under the Public Health Service Act Section 317(k)(1) of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 247b(k)(1)), as amended. The funding authority is the Consolidated Appropriations Act and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplement Appropriations Act, 2021 (P.L. 116-260). Contents of this RFP are solely the responsibility of NNPHI and do not necessarily represent the official views of CDC or the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.