This Web Forum examines how change happens in a variety of commercial and non-commercial food service settings as it relates to sodium reduction. During the Web Forum, we address questions such as:
- What are the highest and lowest sources of sodium in the US diet and in foods?
- How do proportions, portion sizes and the build of dishes affect sodium content?
- What knowledge do food service providers need to successfully implement sodium reduction?
- What training and communications strategies work best?
In addition, our presenters share examples of best practices and successes in sodium reduction in volume food service.
- Brad Barnes, CMC, CCA, AAC, Director, The Culinary Institute of America Consulting and Industry Programs
- Sanna Delmonico, MS, RDN, CHE, Senior Manager and Instructor, Culinary Nutrition for Strategic Initiatives and Food Safety and Nutrition, The Culinary Institute of America
- Kristy Mugavero, RN, MSN, MPH, Public Health Analyst, Sodium Reduction in Communities Program, Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Christopher Kinabrew (https://nnphi.org/about-nnphi/nnphi-team/christopher-kinabrew/), MPH, MSW, Chief Strategy Officer, NNPHI
Get the slides here »