This Web Forum covers some food service terminology, highlighting benchmarking, operational measurements, and tracking usage ratios of foods. Additionally, the Web Forum details the implementation of specific, healthy menu changes, such as increasing produce, converting to fresh foods, and using more healthy fats and whole grains–all of which can help reduce overall sodium in food service settings. Furthermore, a local public health agency representative shares tips for success based upon experience working with a food service provider to reduce sodium.
- Brad Barnes, CMC, CCA, AAC, Director, The Culinary Institute of America Consulting and Industry Programs
- Sanna Delmonico, MS, RDN, CHE, Senior Manager and Instructor, Culinary Nutrition for Strategic Initiatives and Food Safety and Nutrition, The Culinary Institute of America
- Kristy Mugavero, RN, MSN, MPH, Public Health Analyst, Sodium Reduction in Communities Program, Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ellen Spitsen, Nutrition Coordinator, Chronic Disease Division, San Antonio Metropolitan Health District
- Kelly Hughes (https://nnphi.org/about-nnphi/nnphi-team/kelly-hughes/), MPH, RD, CHES, Associate Director of Program Strategy, NNPHI
Get the slides here and here »