About the Public Health Improvement Training
Building on more than a decade of collaborative work with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and national public health partner organizations, PHIT offers networking opportunities as well as interactive learning and skill-building sessions designed for different experience levels. Annually, PHIT features hands-on sessions and discussion groups that renew commitment to performance excellence and inspire new insight long after the convening ends.
NNPHI hosts PHIT in collaboration with the the Center for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (CSTLTS) at CDC, and the following national organizations:
- Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO)
- National Indian Health Board (NIHB)
- Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB)
- Public Health Foundation (PHF)
- Public Health Learning Network (PHLN)
What to Expect
PHIT offers a one-of-a-kind professional development experience to health department professionals and their partners through small workshops with peer learning, purposeful networking, and practical sessions with interactive activities to practice skills. Over the 2 1/2 day event with 300 participants, participants choose among a variety of workshops in performance improvement topics such as quality improvement, performance management, national accreditation and reaccreditation, health assessment and improvement planning, workforce development, strategic planning, and resource management (workforce development and financial resources), one of the strategic skills identified by the National Consortium for Public Health Workforce Development.
- Learn from your peers and national experts
- Participate in interactive workshops that offer hands-on opportunities to learn and practice performance improvement skills
- Gain insight into the relationships between various public health improvement initiatives and tools, including accreditation, and state/community health improvement planning frameworks
- Hear and share valuable tips at this premier networking event for performance improvement professionals and those interested in public health agency, system and community health improvement
- Gain access to countless tools, templates, resources and peer contacts to support you to take action
PHIT is intended for leaders and health department staff who aim to improve health outcomes and processes. Join us virtually, June 7-9, 2021 for a one-of-a-kind performance improvement training opportunity.
For more information and announcements, sign up for our newsletter here.