Register now! The 2019 National Conference on Tobacco or Health will be held August 27-29, 2019 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Sign up for our mailing list today to ensure you’re notified of the latest updates.
Abstract submissions are now closed. Program Area Subcommittees conducted abstract reviews beginning in January 2019 and concluded in April 2019. Abstract selection notifications were sent on Friday April 26, 2019. Every abstract submitted received an email notification whether accepted or declined. If you submitted an abstract and have not received a notification message, please check your spam filter and junk mail folder. If you still don’t see a notification message sent from NCTOH Organizers, please email conference organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can assist you.
About the National Conference on Tobacco or Health
The National Conference on Tobacco or Health (NCTOH) is one of the largest, long-standing gatherings for top United States tobacco control professionals. The convening attracts a diversity of public health professionals committed to best practices and policies to reduce tobacco use—the leading preventable cause of disease and death in the United States.
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) works alongside a steering committee of agencies, foundations, practice organizations, and program committees to leverage its extensive convening expertise and widespread network of public health institutes, training centers, and dozens of key stakeholders to enhance both programmatic content and the overall experience.
What to Expect
NCTOH is the top opportunity for professional development alongside esteemed peers in the tobacco control movement. Through a mixture of breakout sessions, skill-building workshops, and a poster presentation session, this convening offers ample opportunity to grow both expertise in tobacco control and a network of esteemed tobacco control professionals.
The conference covers priority Program Areas in the tobacco control field, including:
- Cessation and Health Systems Transformation
- Communications and Media
- Evaluation and Surveillance
- Health Equity
- Nicotine and the Science of Addiction
- Non-Cigarette Tobacco and Nicotine Products
- Tobacco Product Regulation
- Tobacco Control Policies and Legal Issues
- Tobacco Industry
- Youth and Young Adults
- Tobacco Control Skill Building Workshops
If you are passionate about improving and sustaining the effectiveness and reach of tobacco control programs and activities in the United States, NCTOH is for you.
NCTOH conference participants include tobacco control professionals, researchers, and anyone interested in any of the following:
- Examining the latest evidence on what works in tobacco control and how to apply current research findings and best practices in tobacco control policy, advocacy, and programs
- Exploring practical ways to improve tobacco control programs and activities across the United States
- Renewing energy and commitment to the U.S. tobacco control movement
- Exchanging valuable ideas and tips with colleagues