The University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute (UWPHI) is currently searching for a Community Networks Strategist with the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps (CHR&) team. CHR&R is a collaboration of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute. For more information go to www.countyhealthrankings.org.
This position will work with the CHR&R and RWJF Culture of Health Prize teams to develop and implement strategies that support relationship building, collaborations, and networking weaving with local and national organizations to advance local health outcomes and health equity. Responsibilities will include design, management, and assessment of effective approaches for building community networks, learning exchanges, and convening multi-partner meetings (virtual and in-person).
- Develop processes and practices that manage connections with people and organizations across the country
- Manage logistics for community engagement activities, including planning, execution, and follow up
- Identify lessons and promising practices for building and maintaining network relationships
- Support tracking and reporting on network relationships and activities
- Master’s degree required. Public health, social sciences, public policy, communications, community development, education, or related field strongly preferred. Minimum of 2 years of relevant post-masters experience required; Minimum of 2 years of experience in project management required.
- Strong base of knowledge in areas such as multiple determinants of health as illustrated in the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps model; community theory of change models, such as the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps Take Action cycle; community networks, coalitions and partnerships; multi-sector partnerships; collaborative leadership; assessment and evaluation of impact; and/or research-informed policies and programs.
- Experience with systems thinking, network development, and community partnership building.
- Experience with online adult learning environments and virtual convening of multiple partners.
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Community Transformation and is based in Madison, WI. Applications due by March 1, 2018.
To begin the application process please click on the “Apply Now” button here. You will be asked to upload a current resume/CV and a cover letter briefly describing your qualifications relevant to the position. You will also be asked to provide contact information for three (3) references, including at least one current or former supervisor.