At Trailhead Institute, we believe in innovation and collaboration in public and environmental health. We serve individuals, organizations and communities in Colorado, the Rocky Mountain region and throughout the country through community engagement and fiscal sponsorship. We are committed to be the place where people come together to create new possibilities, to find common ground, and to make a real difference in the health of our communities and our environment. Trailhead Institute is poised to welcome a new CEO who will usher in an exciting new era and build on the organization’s success and expertise. If you share in this vision and commitments, this may be the job for you.
The new CEO will be an individual with:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in public health and/or environmental health
- A Master of Public Health degree or environmental health preferred; or, a masters in a related field such as public administration or public policy or, a Bachelor’s degree in public or environmental health
- At least 10 years of progressive management experience, or 5 years of advanced executive leadership experience
- Experience leading organizations, including executing change management strategies
- Familiarity with Rocky Mountain region, its history, communities and culture and the unique dynamic of improving public and environmental health in the region or demonstrated ability to learn and engage with different communities and cultures.
- High level of business acumen and broad experience with strategic planning, budgeting, finance, grant writing, and negotiating and monitoring contracts
- Experience working with an active and involved Board of Directors
- High emotional intelligence with an engaging and accessible style that builds trust and confidence across diverse team cultures and priorities
- Ability to develop partnerships, build coalitions, including networking and relationship-building across an organization and throughout the community
- Proven fundraising proficiencies and aptitude to build lasting financial partnerships
- Commitment to building and working with diverse staff, partners and community members
- A healthy sense of humor and appreciation for the creativity, fun and inspiration that can accompany work in a mission-focused environment
- Proficiency in a second language, such as Spanish, preferred
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Denver, Colorado. Hiring salary range for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. The expected starting range is $115,000 – $125,000. We offer a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and 401K. We also offer free parking, workout facilities and flexible schedules.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to those received by March 5, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. Only applications submitted electronically will be reviewed. Please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to Lisa Olcese, Interim COO at Trailhead Institute, Lolcese@Trailhead.Institute.