The Convenings and Education Coordinator is a full time position who will work under the leadership of Director of Convenings and Education on planning, coordinating, and managing events.
This position will lead arrangements for registration, meeting facilities, meals, audiovisual equipment, operations, and staffing. In addition, this role will develop and manage a detailed timeline and checklist per event; assist in the development and administration of the event budget; create all internal and external communication; assist in managing the continuing education credit process; assist in developing event materials and marketing collaterals; manage the registration site and mobile app; and solicit event sponsors and exhibitors.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in event planning, coordination or project management is required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event planning, coordination or project management is required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience with registration software and mobile events is preferred
- Experience with managing continuing education is preferred
- Experience with email marketing tools such as Constant Contact is preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects with various staff members simultaneously and successfully time manage
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce reports and spreadsheets
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Excellent computer skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsTravel required – approx. 8 trips per year.
Minimum 1-year commitment to the position required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft office, CVENT (and other similar event management portal), mobile app, online marketing software
- Must be flexible, must maintain a positive attitude and be able to work well with co-workers and others on group projects
- Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Position requires an organized and detail-oriented approach and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be able to work independently and to prioritize tasks and accommodate multiple project deadlines.
- Works with the Director of Convenings and Education in planning, scheduling and coordinating logistical activities for Institute-wide events, including arrangements for registration, meeting facilities, meals, audiovisual equipment, operations, and staffing.
- Contract negotiation with vendors.
- Determines event needs with staff and contractors, develops and explains standard policies and procedures (roles, branding, etc.).
- Develops and manage a detailed timeline and checklist per event.
- Assists in the development and administration of the event budget, ensuring cost efficiencies and the development of revenue enhancement strategies.
- Creates and manages all internal and external communication to participants, speakers, sponsors, outside vendors, etc.
- Assists in managing continuing education credit process including collecting information, forms; application development, tracking and follow up as needed.
- Reviews and analyzes evaluation reports.
- Assists in developing event materials and marketing collaterals, including but not limited to, save-the-dates, invitations, e-marketing materials, agendas and notes.
- Creates and manages registration in Cvent or other event management portals.
- Administers mobile app.
- Assists in soliciting funders for conferences and events as needed.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, reduce follow-up times, standardize work processes, and work cooperatively with staff and contractors
- Support efforts for overall THI communication and project-specific social media and communication efforts.
How To Apply:
If interested, send cover letter, resume and THI Employment Application to Sherry Wilkie at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with salary requirements. Salary will be based upon experience.