IMPH is recruiting a full-time Director of Legislative Services to oversee the continued development, implementation and evaluation of the Health Policy Fellows Program (HPFP) and to serve the health policy information needs of elected officials. The HPFP provides focused, high-level education on health and health care policy issues for members of the General Assembly.
- A Master’s degree in health care, nursing, health administration, public health, social work, applied sociology, public administration or related field(s) or a law degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience. All degrees must be conferred from a college, university or institution of higher education recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Ability to travel in and out of state.
- Demonstrated expertise in health policy and/or health law, systems thinking and the concept of health in all policies.
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with diverse stakeholders and partners, particularly elected and appointed officials and policy makers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written; the ability to explore, analyze, interpret, report and apply federal and state laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to administration and implementation of health and health care programming.
- Possess knowledge and experience with project and program management. Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have the ability to exercise sound judgment, objectivity, and diplomacy.
- Have experience with establishing and maintaining effective, positive and professional working relationships with individuals that possess various levels of education and training.
- Possess the ability to analyze and communicate (interpret & translate) health-related issues to a broad audience both verbally and in written formats.
- Experience with synthesizing information—the extraction of information from various sources using academically and industry-accepted practices and techniques for the purposes of interpreting, translating and reporting.
This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.