The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network of 40 plus member public health institutes and training centers across the United States. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors. In its role as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT), NNPHI collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce through in-person and online training (www.phlearningnavigator.org), team coaching, and applied learning collaboratives.
NNPHI is recruiting a senior program associate to support planning and implementation of projects designed to build capacity of the current public health workforce across state, local, territorial, and Tribal organizations and agencies. Topics addressed range from performance improvement to health equity to social determinants of health and other cross-cutting public health skills. The senior program associate will support the NCCPHT team on several major initiatives related to technical assistance and training.
This position may be based in NNPHI’s New Orleans or Washington, D.C. offices (please note that all NNPHI staff are working remotely until Covid-19 restrictions are lifted and offices are reopened at a date yet to be determined) or remotely from Atlanta, GA. Candidates should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans or Washington, DC or remotely from Atlanta.
Support the Program Manager with all administrative functions related to several federally funded projects. These tasks include:
- Tracking and processing contracts and other agreements
- Monitoring and supporting invoice processing
- Developing and editing program reports
- Scheduling meetings
Provide project support, including:
- Provide overall project support, including developing and managing timelines, contracting, scope of work and budget management, leading project planning and implementation, and coordinating with NNPHI staff, members, consultants, and partners to achieve stated goals
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with funders, partners, contractors, and project participants/collaborators
- Contribute to the development of grant proposals and reports to funders
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to document and share lessons learned both internally and externally
- Attend, organize, and/or facilitate project meetings
Serve as an active member of the NCCPHT team to support the member network
- Understand and support the shared vision and mission of NNPHI and its member network
- Contribute to team meetings and collaborative tasks
- Use personal initiative and collaboration skills to advance organizational goals
- Support a network-wide culture of quality by contributing to quality planning and continuous quality improvement processes
Perform other duties as assigned.
A master’s degree in a relevant field or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent professional experience is required. Additional requirements include:
- Understanding of and interest in public health and health equity preferred
- Experience working on budgets and grant reporting
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents and function as a productive member of a team
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to multiple demands simultaneously
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Ability to think proactively, function independently, and demonstrate initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
- Customer service orientation
- Starting salary range of $55,000-$65,000, commensurate with education and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff, including medical/dental/vision/FSA/parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions and annual leave.
Please send a resume, three professional references and a cover letter, location preference, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Subject line: Attn: Senior Program Associate, NCCPHT.
Equal Opportunity Employer