The Senior Meeting Planner will support the Communications and Convening portfolio and manage and assist in key phases of conference and meetings contracting, logistical planning, budgeting, and management for large and small to mid-sized convenings.
- Manage pre-planning meetings with staff and vendors, including overseeing scope of work for vendors.
- Prepare event specs to include detailed set-up requirements; accurately communicate requirements to clients, venues and vendors.
- Manage hotel and venue meeting room charts and meeting room assignments.
- Oversee the successful implementation of meeting services such as registration, housing management, transportation, security, attendee services including maintaining NNPHI’s accessibility standards, a/v, food and beverage, and all other meeting logistics as needed.
- Provide onsite operational logistical management and oversight, including onsite management of vendor staff; including creation of the schedules.
- Accurately review and approve BEO’s, flow sheets, function orders and invoices with venues and vendors
- Review meeting room and event diagrams to ensure accuracy.
- Work on multiple annual meetings simultaneously; including future year planning.
- Assist with the creation of post-event meeting report to include details regarding registration, financials, attendee surveys, sales and mobile app statistics.
- Provide timely, outstanding customer service for internal and external clients, and respond to problems and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Requires a bachelor’s level degree and at least a minimum 7+ years demonstrated meetings experience managing and producing large scale events.
- Excellent customer service skills and relationship management skills.
- Ability to secure venues, negotiate hotel contracts independently according to NNPHI standards
- Create meeting and event specifications with venue departments (such as catering and convention services) including meeting room sets, food and beverage, shipping, receiving,
- VIPs, communications and network services (wi-fi, VPN, telecommunications), electrical, engineering, AV, security, signage and venue’s inside vendors such as overnight shipping services, business center, etc.
- Competency and experience with Cvent (Supplier Management Tool, Abstract Management Tool, Event Management Tool)
- Competency and experience in the use of relevant software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and can quickly learning and utilizing multiple software and online programs (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Zoom, Cvent)
- Salary range of $75,000 – $85,000 dependent on education, locality, and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff, including medical/dental/ vision/FSA/ parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions, and annual leave.
NNPHI maintains two physical offices in, Washington, DC, and New Orleans, Louisiana. We also offer Atlanta-based applicants the option to work remotely. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately, NNPHI requires the position will be based in either of our three locations. Therefore, applicants should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC. We will also consider applicants based outside of these locations, but preference is given to the listed locations.
12% travel is required based on location. This could be more or less based on the needs and responsibilities of the role.
Please send a resume, three professional references, and a cover letter, clearly indicating interest in the position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Senior Meeting Planner, Convenings. If requested above, please note your preference for location.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.