Overview: Through a cooperative agreement with CDC’s School Health Branch (#CDC-RFA-DP16-1601), the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is seeking content advisor(s) to plan and facilitate one three-hour virtual training (Online Learning Institute – OLI) focused on the connection between mental health/social emotional learning and physical education and physical activity (PE/PA) in schools. The OLI is sponsored by Springboard to Active Schools (“Springboard”), an initiative of NNPHI and member institute Health Resources in Action.
Funding Amount: The total funding available is $7,000 to support the planning and facilitation of one OLI, in collaboration with the Springboard team.
Eligibility: This opportunity is available to NNPHI members
Deadlines: Application deadline is 5:00 PM CST on Friday, April 3, 2020.
Scope of Work:
Planning and facilitation activities include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in 5-7 planning calls to set objectives, develop content, and prep logistics for the Online Learning Institute
- Working with Springboard to articulate the connection between mental health/social emotional learning and PE/PA in schools for inclusion in training materials
- Preparing a slide deck and facilitator’s guide for the Online Learning Institute
- Exploring and executing innovative ways to engage participants during a virtual training
- Serving as a trainer on one three-hour Online Learning Institute
- Contributing to the promotion of the Online Learning Institute before (e.g., via social media and email) and after (e.g., blog post, abstract submission)