The Research & Evaluation Group at Public Health Management Corporation (R&E Group) is seeking a full-time Project Manager to join its team. R&E Group conducts applied research and evaluation, including work on program efficacy, intervention effectiveness, and needs assessments. The right candidate will enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic work environment where there is an opportunity to contribute to multiple projects focused on public health, addictions, family strengthening and child wellbeing, and/or education/learning.
The Project Manager will report to a Senior Project Manager, Senior Project Director, or Research Scientist, and should be prepared to work on multiple evaluation and research projects, overseeing day to day tasks relating to data collection, analysis, and dissemination. We are currently hiring for projects focused on lung health (tobacco, asthma, lung cancer, COPD, etc.) and opioid use disorder; because our project mix is constantly in flux, there will also be opportunities to work in additional topic areas over time. The position requires excellent organizational and communication skills as well as a high comfort level with writing about data. Because the Project Manager is responsible for leading projects, candidates should be comfortable with communicating with funders, preparing and monitoring budgets, contract development, providing staff support and supervision, and related project administration functions. In addition to primary responsibility for project management, Project Managers contribute to the growth of the department through the pursuit of new funding via contracts, grants, and partnerships.
R&E Group is committed to creating a pathway for employees to further their careers and encouraging growth within the department and beyond. Professional development opportunities are available for all R&E Group employees. These may include, but are not limited to: presentations at national and local conferences; continuing education opportunities through academic partnerships; participation in work-related seminars; and contributions to scholarly publications. We are an equal opportunity employer who holds diversity and inclusion as values central to our mission and essential for our success. For us, this means promoting diversity of thought, experience, and culture, and creating an environment where all are respected, empowered, and safe to express their unique perspectives. We are committed to fostering and embracing our multilayered diversity; we strive to ensure that all R&E Group staff members are equally valued for their contributions to our team.
- Lead day to day operations of research and evaluation projects. Activities may include coordinating with partner organizations, coordinating and participating in data collection, oversight of database creation and maintenance for research and evaluation projects, participating in developing data analysis plans and interpretation of analyses.
- Train and supervise research coordinators, research assistants, interviewers, and interns to conduct their project responsibilities (data collection, data abstraction, qualitative or quantitative analysis, preparation of presentations, etc.).
- Provide support and mentorship to research assistants, interviewers, and interns for meeting their professional development goals.
- Support grant development and lead grant applications. R&E Group is dependent upon funding via grants and contracts; Project Managers are expected to contribute to identifying new funding opportunities, lead the submission of at least two proposals per year, and provide grant submission support to senior staff.
- Produce and manage research-related documents and materials. These documents include but are not limited to letters, recruitment materials, questionnaires, protocol documents and consent forms, study procedure manuals, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Maintain compliance with project reporting and documentation to internal and external organizations. The Project Manager is responsible for identifying, tracking and contributing to the fulfillment of reporting and documentation requirements related to each project. These include but are not limited to interim progress reports and final reports.
- Participate in continuous knowledge development. The Project Manager will be expected to participate in a minimum of two new training or professional development opportunities each year focused on knowledge and skills development.
- Represent PHMC and R&E Group at national, state and local meetings and conferences to communicate accomplishments and share information about our work, and to build new opportunities for partnership and funding support.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Psychology, Social Work, or related field is required. Please note that we are seeking candidates with both a master’s degree and at least three years of professional research and/or evaluation experience. This position is not appropriate for a recent master’s program graduate without relevant professional experience.
- Must have at least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Data collection and analysis experience required.
- Experience working on grants and proposals required. Grant-writing experience should include experience developing logic models and evaluation plans.
- Project management experience is required, and may include managing distinct components of larger projects. Project management experience should include delegating tasks to others.
- Strong interest in lung health and/or opioid use disorder preferred.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, record-keeping, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Proficiency with data analysis required, including basic inferential statistics, and advanced statistical modeling relevant to program evaluation.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with SPSS, SAS, R, or Stata required; experience using one of these packages to manage a large dataset preferred.
- Familiarity with online survey platforms (e.g., SurveyGizmo).
- Ability to conceptualize research problems, design and implement appropriate research methods, apply appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques, and effectively communicate both orally and in writing with internal colleagues, constituents, funders and clients.
- Data presentation expertise in preparation of state-of-the-art data presentation materials including figures, tables, graphs, infographics, and communication tools for different target audiences.
- Ability to supervise and mentor junior staff, including research coordinators, research assistants, interviewers, and interns.
- Welcoming to all and ready to work with a dynamic and diverse team.
Starting salary anticipated in the upper $40s- low $50s and is commensurate with experience. PHMC offers an extremely competitive benefits package to its employees, including but not limited to nearly two months of paid time off for personal, sick, vacation and holidays; health and dental insurance; company paid pension plan; a 403B tax deferred annuity plan; flexible spending account; on-site fitness center; reimbursement for professional development; transportation benefits program; and discounted employee rate at PHMC’s on-site early childhood learning center.
Please submit a 1-2 page resume and cover letter to apply. The required cover letter is not just a formality; it is an opportunity to both demonstrate strong writing and explain how your skills and experiences translate to the work of R&E Group and make you a good fit for this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.