The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of over 40 member public health institutes. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC.
NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) and supports nationwide collaboration to build a sustainable and coordinated Public Health Learning Network (PHLN) that consists of ten university-based Public Health Training Centers and 40 local training and education sites. Together, the PHLN is co-creating, modernizing, standardizing, and distributing evenly to all communities and Tribes quality training, tools, and resources that advance the nation’s public health workforce throughout all 50 states, tribal communities and 5 US territories. For more information, visit www.nnphi.org/phln.
NNPHI seeks a Program Manager to provide project management support to a diverse and growing array of public health projects related to workforce training and education. The Program Manager will support the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) at NNPHI. The NCCPHT collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
The Program Manager will work independently and collaboratively to lead several projects within the NCCPHT. We anticipate this role will focus primarily on infection prevention and control via the Project Firstline program, specifically in regards to training and workforce development.
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from Atlanta, GA and several locations throughout the United States. Post-pandemic, this position will be based in either Atlanta, New Orleans or Washington, DC. Applicants should indicate preference in cover letter. A telework arrangement is fully supported during COVID-19.
- Provide overall project management, including developing and managing timelines, contracting, scope of work and budget management, leading project planning and implementation, and coordinating with NNPHI staff, members, consultants, and partners to achieve stated goals.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with funders, partners, contractors, and project participants/collaborators.
- Gather and share metric data on specific contract deliverables.
- Present work of the NCCPHT to community and stakeholder audiences at various forums, including national conferences, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of grant proposals and reports to funders.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to document and share lessons learned both internally and externally.
- Attend, organize, and/or facilitate project meetings.
- Perform other duties related to program management.
The Program Manager must have a master’s degree with 4+ years of professional experience, or commensurate professional experience in lieu of a degree. While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Training/education and interest in public health
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize systems and web-based applications
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to multiple demands simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents and function as a productive member of a team
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude
Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
- Starting salary range of $75,000-$85,000, commensurate with education and experience, and dependent on location.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff, including medical/dental/vision/FSA/parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions and annual leave.
Approximately 10% travel required (please note: all NNPHI travel has been suspended due to the COVID-19 emergency, no travel will be expected until this suspension is lifted).
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter, including salary requirement, location preference, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Attn: Program Manager, NCCPHT.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer