The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is the official organization representing over 40 public health institutes in more than 30 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training – NCCPHT.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health. NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state, tribal, local, and territorial partners to support public health initiatives. NCCPHT supports nationwide collaboration to build a sustainable and coordinated network of Regional Public Health Training Centers nationwide that work together in co-creating, modernizing, standardizing, and distributing evenly to all communities and Tribes quality training, tools, and resources that advance the nation’s public health workforce throughout all fifty states, tribal communities and five US territories.
NNPHI’s offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
The Program Assistant supports NNPHI with program administration, logistics management, meeting/event development and implementation, basic research and data collection, and reporting. The program assistant will support two teams, network engagement and convening.
Job Location: NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately NNPHI requires this position to be based in either our New Orleans or Washington, D.C. office and requires travel of approximately 15%. Applicants should indicate their preference to work in New Orleans or Washington, DC.
- Collaborate with NNPHI teams to develop, monitor, and update project timelines;
- Assist with implementation of meetings, trainings, and other events, including coordinating logistics, managing details related to venue, coordinating travel arrangements, serving as a point of contact for participants, preparing meeting materials, and providing on-site support;
Specific duties related to the NNPHI Annual Conference:
- Supports convenings with building CVENT registration site, abstract submission process, web platforms, etc.
- Supports logistics communications for NNPHI Annual Conference and meeting speakers; schedules speaker prep calls, ensures moderators are supported, arranges all honorarium needs, collects speaker information as needed
- Answer questions related to NNPHI Annual Conference registration, tracks registration by members and proactively markets NNPHI events to members
- Coordinate with convenings to create members engagement activities, including wellness challenge, community event, receptions and other gatherings at national meetings and other activities as needed
- Coordinate social media posts to promote NNPHI Annual Conference with Communications, membership benefits, news from the network and communicate information about members.
- Assist with scheduling meetings, conference calls, and webinars;
- Assist Program Associate with organization of listservs and contacts database.
- Support financial management, including timely invoicing and reviewing and tracking expense reports;
- Assist with ‘Requests for Information’, ‘Requests for Qualifications’ and ‘Call for Proposals’ and grant administration processes by updating and maintaining online systems, tracking submissions, and responding to requests for assistance;
- Perform writing and editing, including taking accurate notes of meetings, composing correspondence, proofing and laying out documents, and assisting with the publication process;
- Support data collection activities;
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations, including the development of tables, charts, etc.;
- Perform other duties as needed
The Program Assistant position requires a bachelor’s degree with at least two years of professional experience. Qualified candidates will possess:
- Experience coordinating large events/meetings
- Understanding of and interest in public health
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Strong communication skills, particularly in email and phone etiquette
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize web-based applications
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude
- Customer service orientation.
Salary range of $35,000-45,000, dependent on education, experience, and location. NNPHI offers a highly competitive benefits package, including medical/dental/ vision/FSA/ parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions and annual leave.
Approximately 15% travel required (please note: all NNPHI travel has been suspended due to the COVID-19 emergency, no travel will be expected until this suspension is lifted).
Please send resume, cover letter, including salary requirement and location preference, and three professional references to: email@example.com Subject line: Attn: Program Assistant