The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is recruiting a Training Associate to support the growth and development of the Public Health Learning Navigator. In May 2018, NNPHI launched the Learning Navigator in response to public health workforce needs for easy access to high-quality learning opportunities. Built with their input at every step, the Navigator helps users easily find the learning options they need most, when and where they need them. Each training featured is peer-reviewed using the Quality Standards for Training Design and Delivery. After review, training developers provide actionable feedback from peer reviewers to support continuous quality improvement.
The Training Associate will coordinate all processes related to the Navigator’s operations, including, but not limited to identifying quality online training; recruiting and engaging volunteer reviewers; overseeing the training review process and response to training developers; maintaining the website; collecting and reporting on usage data.
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States. This position will be based in either NNPHI’s New Orleans or Washington, DC office.
- Support all primary functions of the Public Health Learning Navigator, including:
- Engage peer reviewers and coordinate the quality review process
- Communicate with training submitters, reviewers, funders and project partners
- Organize resources for learners who contact the Learning Navigator Learning Librarian
- Write training descriptions
- Process all training submissions and post to the Navigator as appropriate
- Conduct quality assurance to verify all trainings featured are working correctly
- Contribute to design decisions and future growth strategies, and
- Track usage data and identify opportunities for improvement
- Support special projects/initiatives for the Navigator.
- Provide programmatic and administrative support, including:
- Develop communications and newsletters for target audiences
- Draft and disseminate agendas and minutes for internal and external Advisory Council meetings
- Draft, proofread, and edit documents, including communications materials, project materials, presentations, reports, and the development of tables, charts, and figures
- Support the reporting process to funders and partners
- Other responsibilities include:
- Support financial management, including timely invoicing and reviewing and tracking of expense reports
- Support maintenance of other online platforms as needed.
- Contribute to team meetings and collaborative tasks
- Use personal initiative and collaboration skills to advance organizational goals
- A master’s degree in a relevant field or a bachelor’s degree with 3 years professional experience is required
- Website development/management experience strongly preferred
- Interest in education and training preferred
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously including setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects
- Sharp attention to detail and capacity to deliver quality work products within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with colleagues, partner organizations and a variety of high-ranking professionals
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful with positive attitude
- Competency and experience in the use of relevant software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as comfort with quickly learning and utilizing multiple software and online programs (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Canva, Zoom)
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently
Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and location of the position. A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff.
Travel: Approximately quarterly travel will be required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Attn: Training Associate. In your cover letter, please indicate your salary requirement and preference for work/office location (New Orleans or Washington, DC office).
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network of 40 plus member public health institutes and training centers across the United States. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors. In its role as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training, NNPHI collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce through in-person and online training (www.phlearningnavigator.org), team coaching, and applied learning collaboratives.
Equal Opportunity Employer