The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of over 40 member public health institutes in over 30 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from locations throughout the United States.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state and local partners to support public health initiatives. These collaborative efforts promote health equity, support public health and health systems collaboration, build capacity of the public health system, encourage health in all policies, and promote evidence-based public health practice. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
NNPHI is seeking a skilled manger and experienced professional to serve as the Research and Evaluation Manager. The Research and Evaluation Manager will collaborate with NNPHI staff, members, and national funders and partners to advance research and evaluation efforts that align with the organization’s mission. The successful candidate will (1) design and implement research and evaluation plans and projects, (2) oversee new and existing projects; (3) understand and perform data management, statistical analysis, interpretation, and reporting, and (4) promoting and facilitating research and evaluation capacity building among NNPHI program staff and external partners and clients. The Research and Evaluation Manager may be based out of NNPHI’s Washington, DC or New Orleans office, based on candidate’s location. The position requires occasional travel.
While this position will be involved in a variety of tasks, the Research and Evaluation Manger will work closely with the NNPHI leadership and staff on the following primary duties:
Project Management, New Business, and Other Tasks
- Provide overall project management, including developing and managing timelines, budget management, leading project planning and implementation, and coordinating with NNPHI staff, members, consultants, and partners to achieve stated goals.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with funders, partners, contractors and project participants/collaborators.
- Manage and assure quality performance of contractors.
- Support development of proposals for new business through collaborative writing and editing.
- Provide logistical and organizational support for research and evaluation projects (e.g., logistics for conducting focus groups, note-taking during focus groups, etc.).
- Attend project meetings, as appropriate, and performing other related duties.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Support qualitative data collection/analysis, including developing focus group and interview guides, conducting interviews and facilitating focus group discussions with a range of stakeholders, and analyzing qualitative data.
- Support quantitative data collection/analysis, including analyzing secondary data as well as assisting in primary data collection (e.g., developing survey instruments, overseeing survey administration, conducting statistical analysis).
- Support other research-related activities, as needed, such as literature reviews and environmental scans, including searching academic databases, reading and synthesizing published studies, and writing draft reports.
Translation and Dissemination
- Synthesize data from multiple sources (e.g., surveys, secondary data, literature reviews) and interpreting findings so that they are relevant and meaningful to public health practitioners, policymakers and other stakeholders.
- Present study findings to community and stakeholder audiences at various forums including national conferences.
- Master’s degree in related field and at least five years of related and progressively more responsible postgraduate experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on a team and with diverse partners.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; experience in virtual team environments is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner.
- Familiarity with project management
- Familiarity with Excel
- Comfort with facilitation and decision-making processes.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff.
- Potential to work from home two days per week.
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirement and three professional references to: email@example.com
Subject line: Attn: NNPHI Research and Evaluation Manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer