The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of 43 member public health institutes in 31 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state and local partners to support public health initiatives. These collaborative efforts promote health equity, support public health and health systems collaboration, build capacity of the public health system, encourage health in all policies, and promote evidence-based public health practice. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
NNPHI is seeking a skilled project manger and experienced professional to serve as an Evaluator and evaluation project manager. Level of position will be determined by candidate’s qualifications. The Evaluator will collaborate with NNPHI staff, members, and national funders and partners to advance research and evaluation efforts that align with the organization’s mission. The successful candidate will (1) design and implement research and evaluation plans and projects, (2) oversee new and existing projects; (3) understand and perform data management, statistical analysis, interpretation, and reporting. The Evaluator will be based out of NNPHI’s Washington DC office. The position requires occasional travel.
While this position will be involved in a variety of tasks, the Evaluator will work closely with the NNPHI leadership and staff on the following primary duties:
- Provide overall project management, including developing and managing timelines, leading project planning and implementation, and coordinating with NNPHI staff, members, consultants, and partners to achieve stated goals.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with external partners and NNPHI members.
- Manage and assure quality performance of contractors.
- Support development of proposals for new business through collaborative writing and editing.
- Provide logistical and organizational support for research and evaluation projects (e.g., logistics for conducting focus groups, note-taking during focus groups, etc.).
- Attend project meetings, as appropriate, and performing other related duties.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Support qualitative data collection/analysis, including developing focus group and interview guides, conducting interviews and facilitating focus group discussions with a range of stakeholders, and analyzing qualitative data.
- Support quantitative data collection/analysis, including analyzing secondary data as well as assisting in primary data collection (e.g., developing survey instruments, overseeing survey administration, conducting statistical analysis).
- Conduct other evaluation related activities, as needed, such as literature reviews and environmental scans, including searching academic databases, reading and synthesizing published studies, and writing draft reports.
Translation and Dissemination
- Develop reports, peer-reviewed publications, abstracts, presentations and other deliverables through collaborative writing and editing.
- Present study findings to community and stakeholder audiences at various forums including national conferences.
- Facilitate conversations with partners and stakeholders that support the use of data and evaluation findings to support collaborative decision making.
- Master’s degree in related field and 5+ years of related and progressively more responsible postgraduate experience;
- Expertise in conducting and leading quantitative data collection and analysis
- Comfort with facilitation, planning and strategic thinking processes, including collaborative decision-making processes. Training in facilitation or extensive experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on a team and with diverse partners.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; experience in virtual team environments is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information in a non-technical manner.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to multiple demands simultaneously.
- Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages; MS Project, Smartsheets a plus.
- Experience working with major statistical or analytic software packages such as SAS, Stata, and / or Nvivo. Stata preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Experience managing complex data
- Familiarity with contracting and grants.
- Familiarity with SAMHSA a plus.
- Starting salary range of $60,000 – $75,000, dependent on education and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff.
Please send CV, cover letter, salary requirement and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Attn: NNPHI Evaluator.
Equal Opportunity Employer