The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is recruiting a Program Manager to provide project management support to a diverse and growing array of public health projects related to workforce training and education. The Program Manager will support the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) at NNPHI. The NCCPHT collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
The Program Manager will work independently and collaboratively to lead several projects within the Workforce Training and Education portfolio. These may include: (1) Project Firstline, a multi-year national training collaborative focused on healthcare infection prevention and control that aims to train all frontline healthcare personnel in the United States; (2) Tribal Public Health Capacity, supporting a community of practice and providing technical assistance to CDC-funded Tribal grantees; (3) Evaluation and Program Improvement Capacity Building for STD Programs; and (4) program support for the Regional Public Health Training Centers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately NNPHI requires this position to be based in either our New Orleans or Washington, D.C. office. Applicants should indicate their preference to work in New Orleans or Washington, DC.
- Provide overall project management, including developing and managing timelines, contracting, scope of work and budget management, leading project planning and implementation, and coordinating with NNPHI staff, members, consultants, and partners to achieve stated goals.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with funders, partners, contractors, and project participants/collaborators.
- Support the coordination of the Regional Public Health Training Centers via collaborating in topic specific working groups and joining regular meetings.
- Gather and share metric data on specific contract deliverables for the Public Health Training Centers.
- Present work of the NCCPHT to community and stakeholder audiences at various forums, including national conferences, as appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of grant proposals and reports to funders.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to document and share lessons learned both internally and externally.
- Attend, organize, and/or facilitate project meetings.
- Perform other duties related to program management.
The Program Manager must have a master’s degree with 4+ years of professional experience, or commensurate professional experience in lieu of a degree. While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Training/education and interest in public health
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize systems and web-based applications
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to multiple demands simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents and function as a productive member of a team
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
- Starting salary range of $60,000-$70,000, commensurate with education and experience.
- A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff, including medical/dental/vision/FSA/parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions and annual leave.
Travel: Approximately 10% travel required (please note: all NNPHI travel has been suspended due to the COVID-19 emergency, no travel will be expected until this suspension is lifted).
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter, including salary requirement, location preference, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Attn: Program Manager, Public Health Workforce Capacity Building.
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network of 40 plus member public health institutes and training centers across the United States. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors. In its role as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training, NNPHI collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce through in-person and online training (www.phlearningnavigator.org), team coaching, and applied learning collaboratives.
Equal Opportunity Employer