The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network of 40 plus member public health institutes and training centers across the United States. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors. In its role as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training, NNPHI collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce through in-person and online training (www.phlearningnavigator.org), team coaching, and applied learning collaboratives.
NNPHI is recruiting a program associate to support planning and implementation of projects designed to build capacity of the current public health workforce across state, local, and tribal organizations. Topics addressed range from performance improvement and accreditation readiness to STD program improvement, social determinants of health, and cross-cutting public health skills. The program associate will support NNPHI’s workforce training and education initiatives, including the public health learning navigator, the Strategic Scholars Program, and several online learning communities – one of which uses the Project ECHO model. Over time, the program associate may support other NNPHI initiatives.
- Support the Program Manager with all back-end and front-end operations related to running the Public Health Learning Navigator, including:
- Accepting and managing training nominations
- Managing review process
- Posting new training
- Tracking usage data and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Provide administrative support, including:
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, webinars, and qualitative data collection activities
- Draft and disseminate meeting agendas and minutes
- Draft, proofread, and edit documents, including communications materials, project materials, presentations, reports, and the development of tables, charts, and figures
- Support the reporting process for assigned projects
- Support recruitment, logistics, materials development, and registration for project events and off-site meetings
- Assist with relevant marketing and communications initiatives, including event advertisements, program publications and website maintenance;
- Communicate with grantees and monitor grantee reporting and follow-up action items
- Support financial management, including timely invoicing and reviewing and tracking of expense reports
- Coordinate implementation of projects with NNPHI teams and leadership
- Support the coordination of one or more Community of Practice
- Provide technical support for webinars and video web conferences
- Collaborate with team members on the development of webinar and video conference content
- Manage an online community platform
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to document and share lessons learned both internally and externally
- Support communications with key stakeholders
- Contribute to program research and scans to inform development of organizational strategies, including literature reviews, scans of member capacities and subject matter expertise, etc.
- Serve as an active member of the NNPHI team to support the member network
- Understand and support the shared vision and mission of NNPHI and its member network
- Contribute to team meetings and collaborative tasks
- Use personal initiative and collaboration skills to advance organizational goals
- Support a network-wide culture of quality by contributing to quality planning and continuous quality improvement processes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A master’s degree in a relevant field or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent professional experience is required. Additional requirements include:
- Website development/management experience strongly preferred
- Understanding of and interest in public health and education preferred
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents and function as a productive member of a team
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to multiple demands simultaneously
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Ability to think proactively, function independently, and demonstrate initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
- Customer service orientation
Salary Range & Benefits:
- Employment is contingent upon available funding.
- Starting salary range is expected to be $45,000-$55,000 dependent on experience, qualifications, and location.
- NNPHI offers a competitive benefit package with annual leave, health/dental/vision insurance and generous retirement contributions (401 K).
- Please clearly indicate your salary requirement in your cover letter.
Job Location: NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States. This position will be based in either NNPHI’s New Orleans or Washington, DC office
Travel: Approximately quarterly travel will be required.
Please send a resume, three professional references and a cover letter, clearly indicating interest in position and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Attn: Program Associate, Workforce Training & Education. If requested above, please note preference for location.
Equal Opportunity Employer