The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is recruiting a program associate to support the growth and development of one of its more recent initiatives: the public health learning navigator.
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States. This position will be based in either NNPHI’s New Orleans or Washington, DC office.
- Support all primary functions of the Public Health Learning Navigator, including:
- Engage peer reviewers and coordinate the quality review process
- Communicate with training submitters, reviewers, funders and project partners
- Organize resources for learners who contact the Learning Navigator Learning Librarian
- Write training descriptions
- Process all training submissions and post to the Navigator as appropriate
- Conduct quality assurance to verify all trainings featured are working correctly
- Contributing to design decisions and future growth strategies, and
- Tracking usage data and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Provide programmatic support, including:
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, webinars, and qualitative data collection activities
- Draft and disseminate meeting agendas and minutes
- Draft, proofread, and edit documents, including communications materials, project materials, presentations, reports, and the development of tables, charts, and figures
- Support the reporting process for assigned projects
- Support financial management, including timely invoicing and reviewing and tracking of expense reports
- Serve as an active member of the NNPHI team
- Understand and support the shared vision and mission of NNPHI and its member network
- Contribute to team meetings and collaborative tasks
- Use personal initiative and collaboration skills to advance organizational goals
- A master’s degree in a relevant field or a bachelor’s degree with equivalent professional experience is required
- Website development/management experience strongly preferred
- Interest in education and training preferred
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously including setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects
- Sharp attention to detail and capacity to deliver quality work products within tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with colleagues, partner organizations and a variety of high-ranking professionals
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful with positive attitude
- Competency and experience in the use of relevant software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as comfort with quickly learning and utilizing multiple software and online programs (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Canva, Zoom)
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently
Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and location of the position. A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff.
Travel: Approximately quarterly travel will be required.
Please send a cover letter, including salary requirements, and a resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Attn: Program Associate, Workforce Training and Education. Please indicate in your cover letter your salary requirement and preference for work location (New Orleans or Washington, DC office).
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network of 40 plus member public health institutes and training centers across the United States. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors. In its role as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training, NNPHI collaborates with public health training centers, member public health institutes, and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to build the capacity of the public health workforce through in-person and online training (www.phlearningnavigator.org), team coaching, and applied learning collaboratives.
Equal Opportunity Employer