The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of over 40 member public health institutes. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC.
NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) and supports nationwide collaboration to build a sustainable and coordinated Public Health Learning Network (PHLN) that consists of ten university-based Public Health Training Centers and 40 local training and education sites. Together, the PHLN is co-creating, modernizing, standardizing, and distributing evenly to all communities and Tribes quality training, tools, and resources that advance the nation’s public health workforce throughout all fifty states, tribal communities and five US territories. For more information, visit www.nnphi.org/phln.
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is recruiting an experienced, detail-oriented Program Assistant to provide administrative, coordination, and logistical support to national-level public health programs. The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced environment and easily masters multiple technologies.
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States. This position will be based in either NNPHI’s New Orleans or Washington, DC office.
Approximately quarterly travel will be required.
- Collaborate with NNPHI teams to develop, monitor, and update program timelines; support management of calendars to ensure deadlines are met for key program activities
- Organize regular team meetings and conference calls/video-conferences, often over different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices
- Take meeting notes as needed and support follow up on all action items
- Assist with implementation of in-person meetings, trainings, and other events, including coordinating logistics, managing details related to venue, coordinating travel arrangements, serving as a point of contact for participants, preparing meeting materials, and providing on-site support
- Create, maintain, and update records, databases, and files on a timely basis and ensure program documents and files are accurately maintained and archived.
- Maintain email and distribution lists, entering all new contacts into database.
- Receive and review invoices and travel reimbursement forms from conference participants and presenters
- Support submission of travel authorization forms and reconcile travel expenditures for key team members and submit them for payment
- Support operations related to funding applications and conference abstracts that are submitted to NNPHI by updating and maintaining online systems, tracking submissions, and responding to requests for assistance
- Perform writing and editing, including composing correspondence for external partners, funders, and other stakeholders, proofing and laying out documents, and assisting with the publication of program documents
- Conduct program-related research on a variety of topics
- Support data/information collection and data management activities
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations, including the development of tables, charts, etc.
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s level degree with at least four years of professional experience.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously including setting and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling multiple projects
- Sharp attention to detail and capacity to deliver quality work products within tight deadlines
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with colleagues, partner organizations and a variety of high-ranking professionals
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful with a positive attitude
- Competency and experience in the use of relevant software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as comfort with quickly learning and utilizing multiple software and online programs (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox, Smartsheet, Salesforce, Mail Chimp, Canva, Zoom)
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently
Salary range is commensurate with qualifications and location of the position. A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all NNPHI staff.
Please send a cover letter, including salary requirements, and a resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Attn: Program Assistant. Please indicate in your cover letter your salary requirement and preference for work location (New Orleans or Washington, DC office).
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
- We value each employee as a whole person and support a healthy life balance.
- We believe in a work environment that promotes health and wellness.
- We believe in investing in the growth and passion of our employees to create a workforce that positively affects social change.
Equal Opportunity Employer