The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is the official organization representing over 40 public health institutes in more than 30 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training – NCCPHT.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health. NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state and local partners to support public health initiatives. NCCPHT supports nationwide collaboration to build a sustainable and coordinated network of Regional Public Health Training Centers nationwide that work together in co-creating, modernizing, standardizing, and distributing evenly to all communities and Tribes quality training, tools, and resources that advance the nation’s public health workforce throughout all fifty states, tribal communities and five US territories.
NNPHI’s offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
The Program Assistant supports NNPHI’s Evidence to Action team with program administration, logistics management, basic research and data collection, and reporting, and meeting/event development and implementation.
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately, NNPHI requires the position will be based in either of our two office locations. Therefore, applicants should indicate their preference to work in NNPHI offices located in New Orleans or Washington, DC.
- Collaborate with NNPHI staff to develop, monitor, and update project timelines;
- Conduct project-related research;
- Support data collection and data management activities;
- Perform writing and editing, including taking accurate notes of meetings, composing correspondence, proofing and laying out documents, and assisting with the publication process;
- Assist with scheduling meetings, conference calls, and webinars;
- Assist in preparing reports and presentations, including the development of tables, charts, etc.;
- Assist with management of listservs and contacts database;
- Support financial management, including timely invoicing and reviewing and tracking expense reports;
- Assist with ‘Call for Proposals’ and grant administration processes by updating and maintaining online systems, tracking submissions, and responding to requests for assistance;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of professional experience.
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Understanding of and interest in public health and evaluation
- Strong communication skills, particularly in email and phone etiquette
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize web-based applications
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude
- Customer service orientation.
Salary range is expected to be $35,000-$45,000 and commensurate with qualifications and location of the position. A highly competitive benefits package is offered to all full-time NNPHI staff, including health insurance, contribution to parking/transportation, generous retirement contributions (401k) and annual leave.
Approximately 5% travel during non-COVID-19 conditions will be required
To apply, please send cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Attn: Program Assistant E2A.