The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of 44 member public health institutes in 30 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to support public health initiatives. These collaborative efforts promote health equity, support public health and health systems collaboration, build capacity of the public health system, encourage health in all policies, and promote evidence-based public health practice. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
As a staff support member at National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI), the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for greeting visitors, answering the telephone and providing general administrative duties. The assistant will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will work under the general guidance of the CFO for administrative and program-related tasks and the Human Resources Director for HR related tasks.
This is a temporary, non-exempt position located in the New Orleans office. The candidate must be available to work between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, to be scheduled for 25 hours per week. Hours in excess of 25 hours per week must be approved in advance by the employee’s resource advisor.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university plus a minimum of two years related experience or high school diploma/GED plus three years related experience
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Prior experience as an administrative professional, office assistant, or similar position
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone, screen, and direct calls
- Take and relay messages; Provide information to callers
- Greet visitors and staff entering the organization
- Direct visitors to correct destination
- Prepare relevant letters, documents and written reports
- Receive deliveries and distribute accordingly
- Maintain conference room calendars
- Maintain the cleanliness of the reception area and conference rooms
- Organize and schedule full-staff meetings and other logistics
- Coordinate travel arrangements for conferences and workshops
- Prepare expense reimbursement requests for regional community coaches
- Prepare meeting materials for in-person meetings and conferences
- Transcribe meeting minutes at weekly stand-up meetings, staff meetings, and other team meetings as necessary
- Prepare rooms for meetings, including food, beverage, supply and technology needs
- Perform general clerical duties including, but not limited to, copying, faxing, mailing, scanning, filing and maintenance of all office equipment.
- Coordinate and support HR Director with HR related duties, including but not limited to:
- Post/unpost jobs on NNPHI website and/or other sites
- Monitor careers inbox and forward applications to appropriate hiring manager/team
- Schedule interviews and prepare interview packets
- Obtain key and parking card for new employees
- Other HR tasks as assigned
- Other general clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to think proactively and function independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds
- Strong skills in follow-up and oversight of daily activities
- Ability to carry out several tasks at once
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Ability to learn new subject areas quickly
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial principles
- Must be comfortable with learning and using a variety of technology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications including:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. occasionally
- Occasional travel may be required
- Salary $17 – $20/hr., depending upon experience.
- This position is not eligible for the NNPHI benefit package.
- No overtime is expected to be worked in this position.
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirement, and three professional references to: email@example.com
Subject line: Administrative Assistant
Equal Opportunity Employer