The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of 44 member public health institutes in 33 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC.
NNPHI’s Network Engagement portfolio is the home for the development of public health institutes, the recruitment and retention of members, excellent benefits that are of high value, and promotion of the distributive capacity mode. The Network Engagement Portfolio Vision is: To improve the nation’s health through the development of public health institute capacity and to be a premier membership organization providing high value benefits and a national voice for public health institutes and systems partners.
Position Summary: Network Engagement Internship
The Network Engagement intern will support the 2020 NNPHI Annual Conference and the NNPHI 20th Anniversary activities. The NNPHI Annual Conference is NNPHI’s signature event and brings together over 300 public health professionals from across the nation to share best practices and explore what’s on the horizon. The intern will help with social media development, presenter communications, session coordination, community event logistics and other activities as designated by the Network Engagement team. Additionally, the intern will contribute to a better understanding of the exciting work of public health institutes by supporting an update and maintenance of the NNPHI member profiles on Salesforce. The member profiles include membership details, organization contact information, signature projects, areas of expertise, agreements, and past performance examples. These profiles are used to run queries on subject matter experts, stay up to date on member activities and analyze membership trends over time.
2020 NNPHI Annual Conference and 20th Anniversary
- Support communications and marketing activities for the 2020 conference and NNPHI 20th Anniversary, including social media strategy, email marketing and partner outreach.
- Work closely with NNPHI Network Engagement team to secure logistics for the community event
- Assist with coordination and planning of 20th Anniversary activities including but not limited to coordinating anniversary activities, assisting with internal meeting logistics, developing a social media strategy and timeline, etc.
Member Profile Project
- Reviewing existing internal documents and updating applicable information in Salesforce
- Updating Salesforce member contact pages with biographies and resumes
- “Clean” current datasets to match Salesforce records for data migration
- Additional member profile updating as needed
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Professionalism in communications and active listening skills; and
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Experience with Salesforce or high level of comfort with learning new software;
- Interest in learning about NNPHI, NNPHI members and the public health institute model;
- Independent work ethic and positive, self-starter attitude;
Minimum Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Applicants pursuing degrees in a wide range of fields are welcome including but not limited to public health, public administration, nonprofit leadership, business, marketing and communications.
$12 per hour for those with a graduate degree and/or pursing a graduate degree. This position is located in the NNPHI New Orleans office, with time estimated between 10-20 hours per week, but can be flexible with the student’s schedule.
This position is available to start immediately and will run up to January 2021, and possibly beyond.
This position is open until filled.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Attn: Network Engagement Intern. Applicants who are invited for an interview will be asked to provide references.
Equal Opportunity Employer