The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of 44 member public health institutes in 33 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC. Additional staff, consultants, members, and partners support NNPHI’s mission from several locations throughout the United States.
NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state, tribal and local partners to support public health initiatives. These collaborative efforts promote health equity, support public health and health systems collaboration, build capacity of the public health system, encourage health in all policies, and promote evidence-based public health practice. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
NNPHI is seeking an experienced and highly organized professional to serve as Executive Assistant. The individual that fills this position will play a critical role in ensuring NNPHI operates efficiently and provides the highest level of service to its internal leadership and external customers by performing all tasks in a highly professional and expedient manner. The position is based out of our Washington, DC office, with some travel required to our New Orleans office as well as designated meetings in other cities throughout each year (no more than 10% travel). This is a full-time (40 hours per week), exempt position. The Executive Assistant position is not eligible for telework options and the candidate must be available to work between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Serve as Executive Assistant to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team staff (Chief Financial Officer and Chief Strategy Officer) in office and remote locations:
- Provide range of complex administrative support services to Executive Leadership Team members in a proactive, detail-oriented and forward-thinking manner in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Support Executive Leadership Team documentation and internal/external communications needs.
- Maintain files (both electronic and hard-copy) for various executive-level staff.
- Assist various executive-level staff in the preparation of materials for executive leadership team meetings, Board of Directors meetings, and other meetings as needed.
- Rigorously maintain complex and dynamic daily schedules.
- Monitor project budgets and paid time off for senior team.
- Arrange and manage executives’ broad travel needs; assist in the processing of expense reports.
- Orchestrate logistics for internal and external events, meetings, conferences, presentations, teleconferences, and webinars.
- Attend meetings as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining the organization’s documentation (e.g., data entry into information systems including CRM, among other systems).
Serve as Office Administrator for Washington, DC office location:
- Assist in the refinement of office policies and procedures related to office operations and the purchase and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Manage front office duties to include maintaining office policies, phone support, routing mail, scheduling the conference room, and coordinating with vendors and building management.
- Maintain and update an inventory of NNPHI equipment utilized by staff in a manner consistent with relevant NNPHI policies and procedures
- Support the organization’s paperless environment.
- Provide basic information technology support in conjunction with NNPHI IT vendors
- Order and maintain office supplies and equipment.
- Conduct other administrative duties, as necessary, in order to help ensure the efficient management of office operations for NNPHI with particular emphasis on the Washington, DC office location.
- Collaborate with Administrative Assistant based in New Orleans to ensure alignment and appropriate integration of office policies and procedures to support the organization and its offices in both locations.
Provide administrative assistance to various staff as specifically assigned:
- Assist with team operations and personnel projects as assigned.
- Follow up on assignments to portfolio staff and facilitates cross-portfolio flow of information.
- Assist Communications Associate and other team members in responding to requests for information about NNPHI from member partners, external organizations, and the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Travel required: 10%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- At least 8 years of experience as high-performing administrative professional with experience as an executive assistant or office manager/administrator in the non-profit or government realm preferred.
- Meeting and event planning experience, preferably on a national scale.
- Advanced computer literacy with highly advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Adobe products, Salesforce, Smartsheets, and video conferencing.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and listening skills. Strong editing skills.
- The ability to juggle and prioritize simultaneous assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Must approach work with a sense of urgency. Must be flexible and proactive.
- Proven ability to anticipate needs and problem solve with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability and instances of taking initiative.
- Exceptional work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and diplomacy to build and maintain relationships.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrating social skills, sensitivity, and professionalism.
- Proactive, detail-oriented approach to work that anticipates the needs of the staff and proactively takes steps to address those needs.
Salary range of $50,000 – $60,000 commensurate with education and experience
- NNPHI offers a highly competitive benefits package
- Positive work environment with supportive, high-energy, team-based environment
Please send CV, cover letter, salary requirement and three professional references to email@example.com. Subject line: Attn: Executive Assistant
Equal Opportunity Employer