Join the dynamic team of Medical Care Development where we do innovative and impactful work! Medical Care Development, Inc. (MCD), a non-profit public health services organization whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of people. The Business Development (BD) Manager plays a key role in the strategic management for the identification, proposal conceptualization and capture of new and renewal business opportunities for MCD’s Public Health domestic portfolio.
The BD Manager under the direction of the MCD Public Health Co-Directors, assumes lead responsibilities for establishment of a permanent and effective MCD Public Health domestic business development unit. Develops and implements the domestic business development framework, technical tools, processes, market analysis, business development work plans and quarterly reporting. Maintains an active pipeline of potential and actual opportunities on local, state, regional and national level. Track and analyze technical and donor trends and news. Monitor key donor business forecast announcements, ensuring current and timely understanding of donor funding opportunities. Provide main support to formulation and writing of local, state, federal and foundation grant proposals. Assist other MCDPH staff in developing fee for service proposals and contracts. Coordinates processes to ensure timely submission of competitive proposals that are responsive to and compliant with donor requirements and with technical, cost and evaluation criteria. Collaborate with MCD International business development team to explore mutually beneficial opportunities that promote crosscutting global public health initiatives (OneMCD).
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Business Administration or equivalent preferred.
• Demonstrated experience that showcases a high level of technical proficiency in MCD Public Health’s focus areas. (See Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals below)
• At least 5 to 7 years of business development experience.
• Experience developing successful applications/proposals for a broad spectrum of donors required, including federal, private sector, foundations, and other independent donors.
• Familiarity with the funding mechanisms and technical programming priorities of major donors within the U.S. such as CDC, DHHS, HRSA, SAMHSA, CMMS, NIH, USDA.
• Experience with capture planning, competitiveness analysis, and marketing of institutional capacities to enhance competitive position.
• Demonstrated leadership, management, organizational, and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated experience in leading teams to produce deliverables under tight deadlines and at exceptional quality.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication and negotiation skills.
• Very strong technical and proposal writing abilities with demonstrated ability to produce high quality documents in a short timeline.
• Experience with proposal budgeting and cost application development highly desirable.
• Strong interpersonal, oral communication and public speaking skills.
• Ability to represent MCDPH to potential partner organizations in proposal teaming and proposal development situations.
Successful applicants will be a creative thinker, energetic, self-starter who enjoys new challenges and are able to function comfortably in a fast paced team environment or independently and relate well to co-workers, customers, organizations, and the public.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCD deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment, and collaboration.
Position: Management level
Location: Augusta, Maine (option for remote working for out of state applicants)
Projected start date: Immediately
How To Apply:
Please submit the following:
• A cover letter and resume (including salary expectations)
Applications should be sent to MCDCorpHR@mcd.org. Position is open until filled. Please ensure to send all of the requested information to be considered. No phone calls, please.
Medical Care Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Organization
and Affirmative Action Employer