The Illinois Public Health Institute (IPHI) is seeking an energetic and well-organized team member to manage, maintain and develop IPHI’s administrative software and systems, office operations and associated workflows. The position is full-time exempt and reports to the CEO. IPHI’s standard work week is 37.5 hours.
About the Illinois Public Health Institute
The Illinois Public Health Institute (IPHI) mobilizes stakeholders, catalyzes partnerships, and leads action to promote prevention and improve public health systems to maximize health, health equity and quality of life for the people of Illinois. IPHI leads initiatives through the Center for Community Capacity Development, the Center for Health Information Technology, and the Center for Policy and Partnership Initiatives. Current projects in the Centers include: leading the national Data Across Sectors For Health (DASH) strategy to build communities’ ability to share data across sectors for community health; catalyzing, supporting and providing training and technical assistance to multi-sector community collaborative health improvement and health transformation initiatives, including serving as the backbone organization for the multi-hospital, multi-stakeholder Alliance for Health Equity; and conducting policy advocacy and systems initiatives to address obesity, nutrition, physical activity and chronic disease, including convening the Illinois Alliance to Prevent Obesity. IPHI has an approximately $5 million annual budget, twenty-one staff members, and works with numerous partners, contractors, consultants, and foundations both programmatically and financially. Visit www.iphionline.org for more information about IPHI.
Administrative Systems Support: The key functions of this component of the position are to support IPHI staff and program teams to efficiently and smoothly execute program initiatives, such as meetings, events, and communications, as well as to enhance the effectiveness of administrative functions like IT and equipment support, database and records management, and human resources functions:
- Administer electronic and software systems across a variety of administrative disciplines, including office productivity, phone systems, cloud storage, human resources, bookkeeping, webinar management, computer maintenance and office equipment.
- Lead and maintain customer relationship management software (Salesforce) system, including configuration, customization and reporting, manage consultant and vendors, and support staff users.
- Manage and maintain email, productivity and cloud storage system (Office 365 and OneDrive) system, including configuration, customization and reporting, manage consultant and vendors, and support staff users.
- Develop, implement and manage electronic file and records management systems.
- Support human resource functions such as outreach and recruitment of new staff and interns and conducting/facilitating initial orientation for new staff and interns.
- Develop and maintain database to track staff assignment of computer hardware and software licenses.
- Provide first-level computer troubleshooting and manage computer support vendors for second-level support.
- Support CEO with administrative tasks, including coordinating communications and logistics with the Board of Directors.
- Support in-person and virtual meeting, conference, and event planning and execution
- Assist with maintenance and updating of program websites.
- Assist with maintaining program and project records and files.
Office Management: The key function of this component of the position is to ensure the smooth operation and pleasant work environment of the office.
- Track supply needs and inventory, organize and order office and program supplies
- Maintain and organize files, document and supply storage; organize and support program teams to contribute to shared effort to keep the office space clean and organized.
- Ensure that office equipment (copier, phones, etc.) are in good working order, including troubleshooting and working with maintenance vendors to ensure timely repairs.
- Coordinate with landlord to ensure facilities are well-maintained.
- Assist with acquiring and maintaining office furnishings and decorations
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a minimum of three years of work experience in an administrative position. Equivalent professional experience is acceptable. IPHI values multiple pathways towards attaining professional experience and education.
- Candidates should have administrator level experience with many of the systems regularly used at IPHI, including Office 365, Salesforce, webinar hosting (GoToWebinar, ReadyTalk), Voice over Internet Phone systems (8×8), computer maintenance (Norton anti-virus, Carbonite backup), timekeeping, bookkeeping (QuickBooks), cloud storage (OneDrive, Dropbox, Good Drive), mailing list management (Salsa Engage), and others.
- Professional experience in public or non-profit administration or related field desirable but not required.
- The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and be able to adapt to change and growth.
- Candidates should have experience working with diverse customers, partners, vendors and stakeholders, and a strong customer service orientation.
- Candidates should have the ability to work independently and as part of project teams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required; the successful candidate will be thorough and detail-oriented and will have strong writing skills.
- IPHI has a collegial, team-oriented culture where a sense of humor and a passion for work is highly valued.
Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $50,000-$60,000, depending on experience and qualifications. Competitive benefits including health, dental and disability insurance; sick and vacation time; and a retirement plan with employer matching contributions. Location: The position is in IPHI’s Chicago office in the West Loop. Travel: Travel is primarily around the City of Chicago. Starting Date: Immediate.
Application Instructions: Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample by January 11 to be considered for this position. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and position hired as soon as the right candidate is identified, so applying early is advantageous. The cover letter should compare your qualifications and experiences to the duties and responsibilities and qualifications for the position. Please submit application materials electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Systems Manager” in the subject line.
IPHI is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and is actively seeking and encouraging applications from women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and/or people who are LGBTQ+
No phone calls, please.