The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is the official organization representing over 40 public health institutes in more than 30 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health. NNPHI collaborates with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state and local partners to support public health initiatives. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training – NCCPHT. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
NNPHI is recruiting a program associate to support NNPHI’s Evidence to Action (E2A) team, our full-service research and evaluation services group. The program associate will work semi-independently and collaboratively with NNPHI staff, CDC, contractors, and partners to actively support all project operations. This will include project design, implementation, and technical support. The program associate will grow research and evaluation, as well as project and budget management, skills.
NNPHI maintains offices in Washington, DC and New Orleans, Louisiana. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will commence remotely. Ultimately NNPHI requires this position to be based in our New Orleans or Washington, D.C. office, or remotely from Atlanta, GA. Applicants should indicate their preference to work in New Orleans, Washington, DC, or Atlanta. This position requires travel of approximately 10%
The program associate will work closely with programmatic staff to support all activities associated with the Evidence to Action portfolio. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Support development of research and evaluation expertise within NNPHI and its network
- Use personal initiative and collaboration skills to advance organizational goals
- Embrace a quality improvement and continuous learning model
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to document and share lessons learned
Support NNPHI/E2A project management staff
- Schedule conference calls, meetings, and workgroups
- Schedule regular check-in meetings with project teams
- Draft and disseminate meeting agendas and minutes
- Update project timelines and work plans
- Manage contracting arrangements with consultants and contractors
- Draft, proofread, and edit documents/website content, including communications materials, project materials, presentations, reports, and the development of tables, charts, and figures
Support assigned projects within the E2A portfolio
- Build client and contractor relationships
- Manage clients and client expectations
- Manage scopes of work and budgets
- Support contracting arrangements with consultants and contractors
Support NNPHI business development goals
- Assist with the development of proposals
- Coordinate and/or support proposal development
- Contribute to the development of systems to support proposal processes
Provide an evaluation and analytics skillset
- Provide basic data manipulation, curation, analytic, and visualization skills in Excel
- Provide analytic support to E2A staff
- Provide support for writers on technical writing projects
- Continued learning in evaluation and research methods
Perform other duties as assigned.
The E2A Program Associate requires a bachelors level degree and at least 2 years of professional experience. A master’s degree is preferred. Qualified candidates will possess:
- Coursework or experience with research, evaluation, or analytical principles preferred
- Understanding of and an interest in public health
- Experience providing administrative and coordination support for programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with diverse partners and constituents and function as a productive member of a team
- Professionalism and sophistication in communications
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and respond to multiple demands simultaneously
- Attention to detail and a strong value for high-quality work products
- Ability to think proactively, function independently, and demonstrate initiative
- Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
- Customer service orientation
Salary range of $45,000- $55,000, dependent on education and experience. NNPHI offers a highly competitive benefits package, including medical/dental/ vision/FSA/transportation, generous retirement contributions and annual leave.
10% travel to NNPHI’s Washington, DC and New Orleans, LA offices, as well as additional meetings/events will be required.
To apply, please send cover letter, including salary requirements and office preference (DC, New Orleans, or Atlanta), and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Attn: E2A Program Associate.
NNPHI’s Values Statement to our Employees
We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.