This position will lead operational activities for strategic dissemination, including user experience (UX) design approach and website development. The incumbent will bring a mix of organizational, web development, and communications skills and have a foundation in UX research methods.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
- Plans and directs the day-to-day operational activities of CHR&R strategic dissemination , providing creative leadership and concepting and soliciting ideas for new website development approaches from internal and external stakeholders, particularly engaging user feedback according to established research objectives in alignment with strategic plans and initiatives (25%)
- Planning, developing, and implementing processes and protocols to support research methodologies (e.g. design thinking), analytics to understand user experience (UX) and inform strategy for product development (15%)
- Plans, develops, and implements processes and protocols to support research aims, assuring website and other strategic dissemination resources are functioning, identifying bugs and coordinating resolution with contractors on a timely basis (10%)
- Exercises supervisory authority, including hiring, transferring, suspending, promoting, managing conduct and performance, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining, and/or approving hours worked of at least 2.0 FTE or equivalent employees (20%)
- Serves as a unit liaison and subject matter expert among internal and external stakeholder groups, collaborates across disciplines and functional areas, provides program information, and promotes the accomplishments and developments of scholars and researchers (10%)
- Monitors program budget(s) and approves unit expenditures (5%)
- Develops policies, procedures, and institutional agreements on behalf of the program (5%)
- Assists in the development, coordination, and facilitation of trainings and workshops for internal and external audiences to disseminate research program developments and information (10%)
- A B.A. or B.S. is required. A master’s degree in public health, public policy, business, social sciences, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum five years relevant work experience required.
- Ability to initiate and develop operating budgets and experience in finance management and grant management.
- Ability to hire research personnel and oversee support staff.
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple projects.
Examples of relevant work experience include:
- Knowledge of basic principles of applied health or social sciences research.
- Applicable research management experience at an academic institution or a research organization.
- Relevant management and supervisory experience.
- Experience developing and managing budgets and tracking expenses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in conjunction with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects within the confines of time, budgets and available personnel.
- Experience in collaborating with stakeholders across different settings.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional organizational and management skills with high attention to detail;
- Strong aptitude for identifying and using technology to support work;
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team leader in a nimble, flexible and systems-oriented manner;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with department and university leaders and external funders;
- Ability to travel occasionally throughout the United States.
An individual who demonstrates increasing capacity in the following organizational competencies, as indicated by the examples listed below, is likely to experience higher levels of success within their position:
- Leadership — Inspires respect and trust; works to clarify expectations and accepts feedback; shows personal responsibility for finding solutions; follows through on commitments; adapts to change or unexpected events in the work environment; manages competing demands for time while maintaining life-work balance; practices strategic, shared and ethical decision-making; understands how funding decisions are made; works to align one’s work with CHR&R’s mission, vision and values; coaches others; is willing and motivated to learn.
- Relationship-building — Gives appropriate recognition to others; approaches others in a tactful and diplomatic manner; works to understand group and team dynamics; uses awareness of one’s emotions and those of others to adapt behavior and to manage interactions successfully; reacts well under pressure; analyzes conflict situations and chooses appropriate roles; works in ways that support mutually beneficial partnerships; maintains confidentiality; is responsive.
- Inclusion — Demonstrates an active, intentional and ongoing engagement with diversity in people and communities; recognizes, understands and appreciates the culturally different ways in which others express themselves; treats others with dignity, respect and consideration; works to create work environments that are experienced as safe by all; is curious about and open to others’ ideas
- Communication — Listens and seeks clarification; speaks clearly; uses public relations and interpersonal skills to strengthen others’ understanding of the value of CHR&R; writes clearly and informatively; varies writing and speaking style to fit the purpose of the communication; adapts communications to fit cultural contexts and circumstances; demonstrates effective communication technology skills; demonstrates effective presentation skills.
Salary: Minimum $58,797 ANNUAL (12 months), Depending on Qualifications
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply Now” button on the full position description page here. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter as a part of the application process. Please ensure that the resume and cover letter address how you meet the minimum/preferred qualifications for the position. You will also be asked to provide three professional/supervisor references during the application process.
View full position description here.