The Data & Analytics Team Leader will join data and science leadership for the County Health Rankings & Roadmaps program. This position plans and leads data and analytics, facilitates dissemination, and promotional activities of a research program and serves as a subject matter expert.
The School of Medicine and Public Health has a deep and profound commitment to diversity both as an end in itself but, also as a valuable means for eliminating health disparities. As such, we strongly encourage applications from candidates who foster and promote the values of diversity and inclusion.
- Provides creative leadership and concepting for data and analytics, including exploration, documentation and incorporation of best available data, innovative research practices and analytics into content and product development (15%)
- Plans, develops, and implements processes, protocols, and documentation to support quality improvement and strategy for data management and product development (15%)
- Leads the development and production of signature products, such as the Rankings, and high-quality materials appropriate for intended audiences (20%)
- Supports development of policies, procedures, and institutional agreements (e.g. data security procedures and data use agreements) on behalf of the program (5%)
- Assists in the development, coordination, and facilitation of media, partner, and community inquiries, including data-related rapid response, webinars, and trainings (10%)
- Serves as a liaison, subject matter expert and spokesperson on CHRR data and analytics among internal and external stakeholder groups, including scholars, community organizations, and media (5%)
- Plans and directs the day-to-day operational activities including work prioritization, strategy, timely production, and quality review and improvement (15%)
- Supervises data analyst staff and mentoring graduate students, supporting hiring and onboarding, performance management and other managerial responsibilities (10%)
- Supports program budgeting and tracking of unit expenditures (5%)
- Master’s Degree Required
- Required two years of previous experience in research
- Preferred management experience, both project management and supervision of full time staff
- A demonstrated history of productivity and the ability to successfully execute complex projects independently also required
Salary: Minimum $51,292 ANNUAL (12 months), Depending on Qualifications
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
To apply for this position, please click on the “Apply Now” button on the full position description page here. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter as a part of the application process. Please ensure that the resume and cover letter address how you meet the minimum/preferred qualifications for the position. You will also be asked to provide three professional/supervisor references during the application process.
View full position description here.