The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) is an active network comprised of 44 member public health institutes in 31 states spanning all ten Department of Health and Human Services regions. Public health institutes are nonprofit organizations that improve the public’s health by fostering innovation, leveraging resources, and building partnerships across sectors, including government agencies, communities, the health care delivery system, media, and academia. NNPHI and its member institutes work together to implement public health policy and program initiatives throughout all 50 states. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans, LA, and Washington, DC.
NNPHI also serves as the National Coordinating Center for Public Health Training (NCCPHT) and supports nationwide collaboration to build a sustainable and coordinated network of Regional Public Health Training Centers nationwide that work together in co-creating, modernizing, standardizing, and distributing evenly to all communities and Tribes quality training, tools, and resources that advance the nation’s public health workforce throughout all fifty states, tribal communities, and five US territories.
The Communications and Marketing Internship is a paid, part-time, non-benefit eligible position. The position will begin January 15, 2022, and end June 30, 2022.
The Intern is responsible for supporting the communications portfolio to create impactful communications and marketing campaigns for public health projects across the organization. This position will report to either the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing or the Senior Associate of Communications and Marketing.
The Communications & Marketing Intern will be located in Washington, DC, or New Orleans, but remote work is negotiable. Travel is not required, but interns may have the opportunity to support with NNPHI convenings.
Social & Digital Media
- Create, schedule, and disseminate social media campaigns for specific projects
- Stay on top of industry best practices and pitch new social media ideas
- Interact with industry-relevant accounts on behalf of NNPHI’s accounts
- Input new content into Salesforce & Mailchimp
- Support in creation of e-newsletters
- Work with the administrative team on data management
- Schedule cross-portfolio meetings
- File expense reports on behalf of the department
- Respond to communications and marketing inquiries
- Take and disseminate meeting notes
- Help to create and maintain a database of relevant NNPHI media contents
- Research projects and industry scans as assigned
- Research new ways to market convenings and programmatic findings through digital, social, and traditional advertising channels
The Communications & Marketing Intern requires current enrollment in a bachelor’s or master’s program during the time of the internship. Pursuing a degree in communications, marketing, digital media or journalism preferred. Other programs will be considered. Strong preference will be given to applicants with prior internship experience.
- History of managing social accounts on behalf of a group, organization, or team
- Creative, self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Video editing and graphic design experience preferred, but not required
This position is an hourly position paying $15 (DC) or $12 (NO) per hour with a maximum of 25 hours worked per week.
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirement, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Attn: Communications & Marketing Internship
Equal Opportunity Employer