The College of Public Health at East Tennessee State University is establishing an externally funded Center for Rural Health Research aimed at advancing the health of rural Tennessee and the Appalachian region through innovative, evidence-based research, policy and practice. The Center is a model for private-public partnerships and has an ambitious agenda with a goal of disrupting the intergenerational cycles of poor health, poverty, and educational under-achievement.
The College is recruiting up to seven (7) full-time Research Faculty to advance and grow its Center for Rural Health Research. The faculty will have the opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of rural health research, programs and policy, collaborating with colleagues and regional partners to develop high-impact solutions to better the lives of rural populations. The successful candidates will be responsible for leading and collaborating on research projects, programs and/or policy analyses in support of the Center’s mission and goals. Based on qualifications and interest, faculty will be involved in one or more of the strategic areas of the Center, including research development and execution; program planning, implementation and evaluation; and policy analysis. Specifically, faculty will be responsible for conceptualizing research and evaluation studies; designing and implementing interventions; development and implementation of analytic strategy; management of large datasets; the application of appropriate statistical methods; interpretation and dissemination of findings; and maintaining effective communication with Center leaders and staff and with key internal and external partners.
Priority consideration will be given to candidates with training and experience in one or more of the following areas: rural health and rural public health, innovative approaches to health care delivery, evaluation of community-based organizations, and early childhood interventions. Priority will also be given to candidates with a track record of collaborating with diverse stakeholders and with demonstrated skills and experience in conducting innovative, high-quality research, intervention or policy studies, analysis of large datasets, disseminating findings to broad audiences, and translating the evidence into policy or practice. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of investigators, staff and research assistants. Successful candidates will hold a faculty appointment in one of the five (5) academic departments of the College at a rank and salary commensurate with training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience in research and evaluation methodologies for the health/social sciences, including intervention studies and/or policy analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate statistical methods for complex research designs involving cross-sectional and/or longitudinal data.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer programs for word processing, presentation, and data management and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large datasets with data management best practice methods.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific and technical writing and program evaluation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to prepare manuscripts, reports, briefs and other products for publication and dissemination to diverse audiences.
- Ability to coordinate multiple resources and tasks.
- Possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work productively with multiple audiences including faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an essential member of a highly functioning and diverse team.
Doctoral degree in a relevant field, eligible for appointment in one of the five (5) departments in the College (Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Community and Behavioral Health, Environmental Health, Health Services Management and Policy, Health Sciences*). Training and/or experience in research design/methods, program planning and evaluation, and/or policy analysis. Experience with statistical analysis and scientific writing. *Candidates with a Master’s degree in a relevant field with exceptional experience in Rural Health Research may be considered.
Three or more years of related work experience; record of scientific publications; previous experience in a university environment.
Rank and salary are commensurate with education and experience. Comprehensive employment benefits are provided.
You may apply at: http://jobs.etsu.edu/postings/14097
View full position description here.
East Tennessee State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer