The Senior Analyst, Systems Transformation will assist in developing and meeting the deliverables for federally funded and foundation-funded projects important to State and Territorial Health Officials (S/THOs) and their agencies in the areas of Medicaid, population health improvement, healthcare access, and Ending the HIV Epidemic.
- Manages specific deliverables for ASTHO’s grant-funded projects related to Medicaid, payer/public health partnerships, care coordination, and health system transformation. Specific areas of focus may include cross-agency partnerships (e.g., Medicaid and public health) and ending the HIV epidemic. The projects will include activities such as: creating capacity building resources (reports, issue briefs, blogs, webinars, and podcasts); supporting qualitative research including environmental scans, surveys/assessments, and/or focus groups; and providing technical assistance to state/territorial health agencies.
- Serves as a point of contact for a cohort of states (together with a NASTAD staff member) for HIV systems coordination and capacity building projects.
- Participates weekly Ending the HIV Epidemic team meetings.
- Helps coordinate technical assistance requests in which ASTHO has expertise/previous work.
- Coordinate ASTHO/NASTAD SCP projects.
- Collaborates across ASTHO on cross-cutting issues related to system transformation, innovative payment and care delivery models, public health partnerships with public and private payers, ending the HIV epidemic, and population health.
- Tracks federal and state legislative and regulatory issues as needed, with an emphasis on innovative care delivery models, care coordination, and HIV prevention and treatment.
- Assists ASTHO senior leaders in developing funding proposals including identifying funding opportunities and conceptualizing deliverables for funding proposals that meet member needs.
- Assists in progress report development for funders and briefing materials for ASTHO members and senior staff.
- Responds to requests for assistance and information from members, affiliates, and national organizations.
- Oversees administrative tasks such as managing contracts, processing invoices, tracking expenses, meeting planning and staffing, and organizing conference calls.
- Provides subject matter expertise related to health system transformation, payment and delivery reform, HIV prevention and treatment, and population health initiatives to other ASTHO projects.
- 2 – 3 years relevant experience in a public health environment; master’s degree in public health, public policy or related field preferred
- Knowledge of HIV prevention and treatment, Medicaid, state/local public health, population health improvement, social determinants of health, access issues, and health system transformation.
- Medicaid/state health agency, membership association, or public policy experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and in a team environment, manage multiple projects and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to track and analyze related project issues and legislation at federal and state levels.
- Ability to develop project measures of success, analyze progress, evaluate outcomes, and forecast needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel within service area (national)
Location: This full-time position is based in Arlington, VA.
Applicants should apply via the website here.